Skip to content

Broken Link Checker

Broken Link Checker

Categories

261 results found

1. In http.php file (modules/checker - directory) is a useragent set. Please set it to a string that could be identified by statcounters. Seomthing like "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; BLC/Broken Link Checker; http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/broken-link-checker/)".

The reason is very simple. I just wondering why my server crawles my site and identifies itself as IE7 on WinXP. First I thought I got hacked. It takes a time to find this in BLC.

This change is a minor in http.php in two lines - 142 and 345 - but it will prevent confusing the admin :-)

Cheers

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Completely remove/delete link and its anchor text. Do not leave anchor text as opposed Unlink option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. I don't know if it's just me... But I installed a new Wordpress to test it with the Gantry Framework. It looks like the two plugins use the same class/functions and are conflicting with each other as I get a redeclare PHP error for addscreenmeta_link().

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes the links to the posts and pages themselves break. Slugs are not always sanitized. This happens too often on one of my sites where curly apostrophes are not deleted from the slug. I would love for this plugin to handle this problem. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Internal links don't respect a separate wp-admin port. I use the admin ssl plugin, and while links generated by the broken link checker use ssl and the correct hostname, they strip out the ssl port (which is not the same port as used by the main site).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many agree that applying TITLE tags to links is good SEO practice, and certainly good usability. It would be EASY to add a list of links missing their TITLE attribute and allow it to be added.

I suggest instead of creating a special title editor, you have a universal link editor that opens up, so that if, when correcting a broken link you notice it needs work on the title it can all be done in one place.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love it if you could add or edit link title tags as well. This would be a killer addition from an SEO perspective!!

What do you think? Possible

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are some plugins which dynamically generates URLs (for antileeching protection).
    For example "Amazon S3 url generator" allows notation [S3 bucket=XXX/YYY text=txt]ZZZ[/S3] and produces http://XXX/YYY/ZZZ?expiration_time&signature
    It would be great to verify such links as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Suppurt BLC the new Youtube/ Vimeo embed code style (<iframe>) ???

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I put a test site on a non-standard port, any link starting with "/" is treated as going to port 80, which means it's marked as broken.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. [20-Jan-2011 05:24:43] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query UPDATE wpblclinks SET url = '{url path to static page}', firstfailure = '0000-00-00 00:00:00', lastcheck = '2011-01-20 05:24:43', lastsuccess = '2011-01-20 05:24:43', lastcheckattempt = '2011-01-20 05:24:43', checkcount = 0, finalurl = '{same path}', redirectcount = 0, log = '=== HTTP code : 200 ===\n\nHTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nDate: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:24:43 GMT\r\nServer: Apache modfcgid/2.3.5 modauthpassthrough/2.1 modbwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635\r\nX-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.15\r\nCache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\nExpires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT\r\nLast-Modified: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 03:36:17 GMT\r\nVary:…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In addition to broken links, a good value add would be to also find dummy links that are put as placeholders while a site in under development.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. In my installation http://url#named anchor and http://url/*.pdf#zoom=nn links are being reported as Broken Links when I can always get to these locations in the page and/or display the PDF file at the specified zoom level from Link Checker's Tools panel.

It would be huge productivity increase for me if these didn't show up as exceptions that have to be set to "Not Broken" manually.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. This would clean up the header and allow CSS to be put in the stylesheet where it can be cached by the browser and not served on each page.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. My site is www.foo.com, I create a link from the homepage to www.foo.com/members/

This site is set as "Private" in WordPress, and using the Page Restrict plugin I can allow only logged in users to access it.

The link to the page gives a 404 error, even though (if you're logged in) it works.

Is there a workaround or fix?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Give us a GUI to redirect out-dated URLs to active ones. If people change the main domain or permalink structure of their blog, they need to be able to avoid 404 requests caused by existing backlinks. The only way to do this now is by editing the .htaccess or add PHP redirects to their template - not very easy....

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. As of 1.2.4 there is no obvious way to exit the feedback pop-up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. When receiving RSS feeds of flash video players broken links often appear as Detect JavaScript broken link .i.e. ” Target=”blank” OnClick=”javascript:pageTracker.trackPageview and their is no image to be displayed as a thumbnail...
    Any questions contact me.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)