Skip to content

Broken Link Checker

Broken Link Checker

Categories

261 results found

1. Sometimes, in the process of remove the broken link, it is necessary to keep the information of the old URL for research consistency. The relevance of some pages for researchers of any kind, depends to keep this reference (URL). It`s a way to inform them that, even besides the link is not available anymore, I will know that the exactly URL was available in that page once. For example, look to this sentence:

<p>The astronomer Carl Sagan <a href="http://example.com/speach.html">said once</a> that the probability of us, human beings, being alone in the universe is near "4”.</p>

I`m sugesting that you guys…

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. ...rather than applying to ALL broken links. What I'd really like to do is keep certain broken links, apply a css class, and remove those links from future broken link reports. Thanks!

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please consider the broken link checker to work with wordpress-mu (mulitsites). I use wordpress mu and when I install broken link checker, it only works for the mainsite. When I run the plugin with my wordpress mu, it just checks the mainsite again.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. 41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some of the picture/video sharing sites block IPs if there are many requests in short amount of time. So the BLC returns broken links even if they are not broken. This is a problem on bigger blogs and on shared hosts where multiple people share one IP. A box where we could input multiple proxy servers to use would be helpful to solve this problem.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. export the broken link report and its details to excel or csv

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many agree that applying TITLE tags to links is good SEO practice, and certainly good usability. It would be EASY to add a list of links missing their TITLE attribute and allow it to be added.

I suggest instead of creating a special title editor, you have a universal link editor that opens up, so that if, when correcting a broken link you notice it needs work on the title it can all be done in one place.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. I love WordPress, but why isn't this functionality in the core ?
    In the past I made html with Dreamweaver. I absolutely don't want to return to those days, but there were very basic functions in Dreamweaver that I used daily, which are still missing in WordPress

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. tried to de- and re-activate, de- and re-install it, nothing helps

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let me exclude specific categories from link checking.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sounds quite simple, would really like to be able to 'sort by' Status Link, Text, and Source. Not JUST by URL, thanks.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I've tested it a few times and I think it's not included yet. I use WP 3.0.1 with the Suffusion Theme and when I deleted an image that is included in a page or post it won't show up in the broken list.

This probably is because it redirects to a 404 page not found. But I would really like to see it come up in my broken list. Is this possible?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In http.php file (modules/checker - directory) is a useragent set. Please set it to a string that could be identified by statcounters. Seomthing like "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; BLC/Broken Link Checker; http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/broken-link-checker/)".

The reason is very simple. I just wondering why my server crawles my site and identifies itself as IE7 on WinXP. First I thought I got hacked. It takes a time to find this in BLC.

This change is a minor in http.php in two lines - 142 and 345 - but it will prevent confusing the admin :-)

Cheers

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In addition to broken links, a good value add would be to also find dummy links that are put as placeholders while a site in under development.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Im using auto search wikipedia function

example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyword Keyword

which keyword is celebrity name (post title). some celebrity name is not in Wikipedia, I wanna show user that link is broken, maybe highlighted with red text

example broken link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No Name

Thank you

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. F.e. http://i.imm.io/fBwt.jpeg
    so, need the support of сyrillic URL

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You should recognize short URLs from services such as bit.ly, and categorize these differently. I want to keep track of these, but they need to be handled differently from other redirects, as the author will likely want to keep them around permanently do to the preference for sharing them over their long ugly expanded forms, but will want to be notified if the redirect breaks.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add MegaVideo embed video support and I'll buy it for sure :)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Broken Link Checker doesn't seem to be able to find links located in tables? At least it doesn't on my site.... http://www.tenpoundbackpack.com/gear-lists/lightweight-backpacks/ for an example. This seems like it should work but it definitely does not. Xenu, for example, has no problem finding these links but replacing them all is so much work doing it that way. Anyway some help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14