Skip to content

Broken Link Checker

Broken Link Checker

Categories

261 results found

1. It is easy to input URLs with errors when you are unable to see the entire link when you are trying to edit. Expand the box when editing would be really helpful

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When receiving RSS feeds of flash video players broken links often appear as Detect JavaScript broken link .i.e. ” Target=”blank” OnClick=”javascript:pageTracker.trackPageview and their is no image to be displayed as a thumbnail...
    Any questions contact me.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In my installation http://url#named anchor and http://url/*.pdf#zoom=nn links are being reported as Broken Links when I can always get to these locations in the page and/or display the PDF file at the specified zoom level from Link Checker's Tools panel.

It would be huge productivity increase for me if these didn't show up as exceptions that have to be set to "Not Broken" manually.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Broken links are removed prematurely

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Every time I fix a broken link, postmodified and postmodified_gmt get updated. Is it possible to set this? It could be in a checkbox in the options page...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would be great if another plugin could add modules to check specific post data formats, without altering the plugin code for Broken Link Checker. A filter on the module paths and a change to iterate multiple module paths could allow this. Here's some possible code:

http://pastebin.com/URY55Jnh

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. I turned this on and got 1400 broken links on 404 errors. When you click on the link the picture is there.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. WP 4.0.1
    BLC 1.10.3

On the tools menu, BLC is named "Broken Links", but on the Settings menu, BLC is named "Link Checker".

First, I very much like that BLC has put the menu options in the correct place, especially that the link checking tool is in the Tools menu. So please do not undo that!

Nevertheless, as a user of BLC, it would be less confusing if the menu names for BLC were consistent. I do not have an opinion about which menu name is better.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be helpful to easy see if the post containing a broken link was recent or old. If it is old (like the link to an annual event from 2010) I can make a quick decision to just unlink it rather than trying to figure out how to fix it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Imported all posts from another blog (ExpressionEngine). Links were encoded differently. http://blog.rosenberg-watt.com/?cat=8

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This plugin rocks! I added to one of my blogs at http://a11news.com that has roughly 18k comments. The number of broken links in old comments was staggering, 600+. Drop down menu Check All box would be a big help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. [20-Jan-2011 05:24:43] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query UPDATE wpblclinks SET url = '{url path to static page}', firstfailure = '0000-00-00 00:00:00', lastcheck = '2011-01-20 05:24:43', lastsuccess = '2011-01-20 05:24:43', lastcheckattempt = '2011-01-20 05:24:43', checkcount = 0, finalurl = '{same path}', redirectcount = 0, log = '=== HTTP code : 200 ===\n\nHTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nDate: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:24:43 GMT\r\nServer: Apache modfcgid/2.3.5 modauthpassthrough/2.1 modbwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635\r\nX-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.15\r\nCache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\nExpires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT\r\nLast-Modified: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 03:36:17 GMT\r\nVary:…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As of 1.2.4 there is no obvious way to exit the feedback pop-up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. My site is www.foo.com, I create a link from the homepage to www.foo.com/members/

This site is set as "Private" in WordPress, and using the Page Restrict plugin I can allow only logged in users to access it.

The link to the page gives a 404 error, even though (if you're logged in) it works.

Is there a workaround or fix?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. If I put a test site on a non-standard port, any link starting with "/" is treated as going to port 80, which means it's marked as broken.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. I don't know if it's just me... But I installed a new Wordpress to test it with the Gantry Framework. It looks like the two plugins use the same class/functions and are conflicting with each other as I get a redeclare PHP error for addscreenmeta_link().

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 13 14