How can I improve Broken Link Checker?

Sortable table in the Dashboard (not just by URL)

Sounds quite simple, would really like to be able to 'sort by' Status Link, Text, and Source. Not JUST by URL, thanks.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jānis ElstsAdminJānis Elsts (Admin, W-Shadow.com) commented  · 

This has been suggested before, but I'm not entirely clear on how people would prefer this sorting to work.

If you don't mind, could you clarify a couple of things about your feature suggestion?

1) When sorting by status, how would you prefer the links to be ordered? I could implement it in many different ways - sort them numerically by HTTP status code, or alphabetically by status text, or by overall status (broken/warning/ok/unknown), or some other option.

Note that some links may not even have an associated HTTP code because, for example, they timed out or were marked as broken by the YouTube API.

2) How should this sorting feature handle links that appear in multiple places? People often use the same link URL in many different sources (e.g. posts) and with different link texts.

At the moment, the plugin displays either the first instance it found, or whichever text/source best fits the current search criteria.

Feedback and Knowledge Base