Skip to content

Broken Link Checker

Broken Link Checker

Categories

261 results found

1. Some domains die, over time. When they are really dead for good, why do they need human supervision when they appear in the Broken or Redirection sections ?
    BLC ought to have a configuration option where we specify the domains to consider dead and immediately unlink, without caring about showing them in the reports asking for human decision :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Ignore commented out links in text or as standalone links. In PHP, ignore text and links that are inside <?php /* ' and '; */ ?>
    In HTML, ignore links that are inside <!-- and -->

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Outstanding Plugin! I've looked at the setup page and there doesn't seem to be (I may have missed it) a way to configure so that the reviewed page (source) opens in a new tab. In the situation I'm using this (migrating from a different platform blog/web-site) this would be very useful (hundreds of pages). I know I can force that by holding the control key ... but every few pages I forget and lose the "broken links" home page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be helpful to set a more flexible schedule for the "check each link" feature. Instead of checking every X hours I would love to check each link every sunday morning, when the server load is low.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be helpful to easy see if the post containing a broken link was recent or old. If it is old (like the link to an annual event from 2010) I can make a quick decision to just unlink it rather than trying to figure out how to fix it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My website got like 18k of broken links and going up every week, and its kinda hard to deal with all of them at same time with new links being added to the list all the moment, so I want a Pause button so when I achieve a certain amount of reports I can pause the checker, deal with the amount reported and then "Unpause" it again, I hope I was clear enough

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. WP 4.0.1
    BLC 1.10.3

In Settings/BLC/Advanced, I have a button for a "Forced recheck" of all pages. This "nuclear option" clears the entire BLC database which forces the plugin to rescan all posts (and/or pages, etc.) for links, enter them in to the database, and check the link.

As far as I can tell, there is not currently a way to do remove links and/or sources (e.g., a page) from the BLC database unless I use the nuclear option.

An example of when this surgical option would have been useful: because of BLC, I found that hundreds of old links…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. WP 4.0.1
    BLC 1.10.3

The Bulk Actions/Dismissed is useful.

Within BLC, I can view all dismissed links on the Dismissed Links subsection. I can select multiple links and apply many Bulk Actions to the links. One of the options is Dismiss. Because all of the links in this location are already dismissed, this option is illogical and confusing. More importantly, I do not have the option to undismiss links in bulk.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. WP 4.0.1
    BLC 1.10.3

On the tools menu, BLC is named "Broken Links", but on the Settings menu, BLC is named "Link Checker".

First, I very much like that BLC has put the menu options in the correct place, especially that the link checking tool is in the Tools menu. So please do not undo that!

Nevertheless, as a user of BLC, it would be less confusing if the menu names for BLC were consistent. I do not have an opinion about which menu name is better.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WordPress 4.0.1
    Broken Link Checker 1.10.3

When I perform an action on an individual link, BLC uses JavaScript to execute the action without refreshing the web page. This gives me a real-time indication of the status of the action. When it is complete, the individual link is updated on the page.

In contrast, if I use the Bulk Actions menu and button, BLC sends the commands to the server and asks to refresh the page. The page is not refreshed until all commands have completed.

There are a few small advantages to making the Bulk Actions commands invoke the JavaScript…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have links i.e. http://www.celtichaven.co.uk/accommodation-detail.php?id=73 coming up as a broken link in the checker but are working perfectly? Any advice would be useful. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. This could be a bug in Gmail, rather than Broken Link Checker. If so, you may want to create a workaround.

I just got broken-link email that ends:

You can see all broken links here:
    http://danforthgreens.ca/wordpress/wp-admin/tools.php?page=view-broken-links

But when I click that link, I am taken here:
    http://danforthgreens.ca/word%20press/wp%20-admin/tools.php?page=view-broken-links

Note that %20 has been twice inserted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are several redirects I want to stay as they are. But there is no dismiss option in the bulk menu, so I have to dismiss them one by one :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. I like this plugin, most of the time. What I find frustrating is that it keeps listing perfectly good, working links to LinkedIn profiles, including mine, as broken. So most of my maintenance is in marking those links as not broken.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Here is the error message, even though it shows the plugin is activated:

Broken Link Checker installation failed. Try deactivating and then reactivating the plugin.
    Failed to load plugin settings from the "wsblc_options" option.

Option exists in the wp_options table and has the following value:

{"maxexecutiontime":420,"checkthreshold":72,"recheckcount":3,"recheckthreshold":1800,"runindashboard":true,"runviacron":true,"markbrokenlinks":true,"brokenlinkcss":".brokenlink, a.brokenlink {
    text-decoration: line-through;
    }","nofollow
    brokenlinks":false,"markremovedlinks":false,"removedlinkcss":".removedlink, a.removedlink {
    text-decoration: line-through;
    }","exclusion
    list":[],"sendemailnotifications":true,"sendauthorsemailnotifications":false,"notificationemailaddress":"","notificationschedule":"daily","lastnotificationsent":0,"suggestionsenabled":true,"serverloadlimit":4,"enableloadlimit":true,"customfields":[],"enabledpoststatuses":["publish"],"autoexpandwidget":true,"dashboardwidget…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right now I have 347 broken links.
    My editors will go crazy with dozens of notifications and won't be able to keep track of broken links on posts from other authors they oversee. It would be perfect if they could go to the admin panel and sort by author.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Simply select all broken links, bulk change option, and enter one link of your own that can be any (working) link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. I'm not a programmer or developer so I don't know how to fix these bugs, just wanted to let you know I'm having problems that drive me nutty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Been using this for a couple of years now, one of my must haves on any site!

My one wish.. For it to pick up on YouTube videos which are no longer active and leave the snow blizzard vid on your site... Any chance Janis?

Chris Naish.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →